1. Lay in the grass and stare at the clouds or stars.
2. Wrestle in the yard.
3. Go to the park and play catch
4. Go down a slide at the water park 50 times in a row
5. Ride a rollercoaster
6. Build a sandcastle at the beach
7. Color with crayons
8. Make something from Playdough
9. Play a board game
10. Play hide-n-go seek
11. Play a pick up game of basketball
12. Use your imagination and make up crazy stories
13. Believe and learn a magic trick
14. Play in the dirt
15. Finger paint a picture
16. Go fishing
17. Visit kids in the hospital
18. Eat a giant lollipop
19. Go to a local fair and eat cotton candy
20. Watch nature
This quote hangs in my bedroom just below a framed Disney artwork piece…
That’s the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up.
Children are often referenced in philosophical/religious writings as having wisdom far beyond that of adults. They are quick to forgive and forget, quick to love and full of wonderment. As we age it would benefit every one of us to remember that it’s not always a compliment to be referred to as a “grown up.” See the world through the eyes you had as a child; you still have them, you just have to awaken that kid inside of you.
“Oh, there you are Peter…”