Healthy Living Update

It has been a couple of weeks since I updated my healthy lifestyle results.  For those that are new to the Dream Big community, I am using myself as a guinea pig to demonstrate my 6 step plan for achieving any goal.   You can read about it here

So when we last spoke about my weight I was 174.2 pounds and on Monday I weighed in at 172 pounds!  My starting weight in December was 192 pounds.  I had some pretty bad meals in that 20 day stretch and I am shocked I was able to drop over four pounds.

My overall strategy has been to stop using the word “diet” (my least favorite word in English!) and replace it with “healthy lifestyle.”  I now have lived a healthy lifestyle longer than ever before: 6 months!  Secondly, I eat healthy fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats 80% of the time, while not breaking the health bank the remaining 20%.  Thirdly, I drink gallons of water throughout the week; no soda, no sweet drinks of any kind.  I refuse to drink my calories!  And lastly, I participate in some type of physical activity 2-3 times per day, usually walking Bentley.

 

Cutest dog on the planet: Sir Bentley McPooperson
Cutest dog on the planet: Sir Bentley McPooperson

 

I only use the scale once every week or so now as I have become much more focused on how my clothes fit and have become less infatuated with what I weigh.  I have also reset my goal at weighing around 160 pounds; my original goal was to break 175 which I did a couple weeks ago.

Evelina and I began  the 21 Day Fix this past Monday and both of us are very excited to see what type of results we get.   I have read lots of positive personal testimonies about the program and look forward to 21 days of extremely clean, healthy eating.  I will keep everyone updated on our progress.  I might even include a few before and after photos, but haven’t decided yet.  Anywho, till next time…

 

Big Dreamer

Share

18 thoughts on “Healthy Living Update

    1. Why thank you Michelle!!! Slow and steady wins the race! The cool thing is I am getting close to my high school sizes, which seemed utterly impossible 6 months ago. Thanks for reading!

  1. That’s awesome! Congrats! My husband and I just started a 21 day challenge with My Fit Foods. So far, it’s going well. I’ll be excited to read about your progress with the 21 Day Fix. 🙂

    1. Wanda…we are very excited and have started the eating part. Evelina is still battling a torn muscle in her shoulder and is limited physically so we are going to begin the exercise portion in a few days. Exciting times! Good luck on your challenge!!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: