1. I had several folk ask me about my book plans. I must say that I am not using my strict 6-step plan to write this book and the reasons are twofold: 1. I don’t think it is wise to put creativity on a strict writing plan, and 2. I want to enjoy the process. I am definitely a fish out of water on this topic as I have never before written anything substantial, excluding this blog.
So I have decided to write 1,000 words per day for 60 days. Then edit and see how many words that leaves remaining. This is contrary to my nature, which is to organize and plan thoroughly to produce as much success as quickly as possible! I like quick and I like success, but on this one I am going to take my time and do it as “right” as I can. With that said my goal is to be done writing by October.
2. I have had a lot of questions lately about my blog and what advice I would give to those trying to grow. Blogging advice is not my expertise, nor do I want to sacrifice my subject by providing blog advice, but for this one time I will participate. Here are my top 5 tips for blogging: 1. produce quality, original content that isn’t too lengthy. Long posts=lost interest. 2. genuinely engage with other writers, readers are not going to come to you. Do not LIKE 10 posts by a writer in 30 seconds. We all see that in notifications and realize you are spamming. You are not fooling anyone. 3. Be honest and genuine. 4. Your growth will be in direct proportion to the time invested. Small time=small followers, big time=big followers. I work my blog 40+ hours per week, easy! 5. Be patient and diligent.
3. Completely off topic…I picked the Cavs to win last night and truly believe they will win the series, despite losing Irvin and Love.
4. Last week I strayed from my eating plan on several occasions and it showed today. My goal was to weigh 169 and I actually gained a pound. This was not a shock and I will say the shrimp and grits that contributed was well worth it!! But I must get back on track!
5. The 21-Day Fix update: Evelina has been going through physical therapy for a partially torn muscle in her shoulder. This has put a damper on our plans to start. She is healing fine which means we should be able to start the program at the end of this week, give or take a couple days. I am excited to see our results!!