This past Thursday I wrote a post called How to Use Social Media to Elevate Your Goal Success, in which I discussed how publicizing your goal(s) on social media can help you achieve a greater success rate. One primary reason is it creates a sense of accountability to your readers and followers.
Always wanting to be a man that leads by example, I have decided to publish my blogging goals for 2016 for all to see. I must be honest in saying this makes me feel a little vulnerable, but that is okay.
In the past I have posted my health goals on Facebook and Twitter, but the operation of my blog and my goals has been a private matter to me thus far.
I am lumping a few things together under the category of “blogging”: my blog, the Dream Big book and public speaking. These 3 are elements of the Dream Big brand and can’t be separated. Also, I am giving you the mid-year goals and final-year goals, not the daily and monthly.
So with that said, here are my blogging/writing goals for 2016…
- Find a publisher for the Dream Big book
- Have booked and conducted 10 paid speaking engagements
- Generate $3,000 of income from the blog/speaking
- Surpass 10,000 Followers
- Receive an average of 1,500 views per day.
- Generate $5,000 in book sales via speaking engagements, online sales and other avenues.
- Finish in the top 50 personal development blogs in the world according to Alexa ranking (currently Dream Big is approx. 85 by Alexa global rank, but we don’t have a Google rank so we are excluded from the Top 100 list.)
- Have booked and conducted 15 paid speaking engagements
- Have generated $8,000 in total blog income
- Surpass 15,000 total blog followers
- Surpass 2,000 views per day.
I have all of these goals broken down into monthly, weekly and daily goals. For instance, I expect to add 30 new followers each day which equals approximately 200 per week and 800 per month. If I meet those numbers, then I will surpass both of the 6 month goals.
I track all of these numbers on a daily basis via the use of my goal buddy Mead! He truly is my best friend. Sounds sad when I say it out loud.
My overall long-term goals are to generate over $100,000 per year in each of 3 categories: blog revenue, public speaking/seminars and book sales. Also, I want to have surpassed 25,000 followers by the end of 2017 along with 80,000 page views per month.
So you know where I am currently: 7,000 followers, 1,000 daily views (30,000/month) after 1 year of blogging.
So there are my goals for all to see.