I always talk about doing and accomplishing amazing things and I thought it would be neat to talk about things on my bucket list. I had never compiled a list before last year so I’m still working on a few of these and have plans in the works for many.
The bucket list is the ultimate to-do list and I think it is important to have things or places that you plan to do or see as lifelong goals. After all, without goals we wonder aimlessly! As you think about your life-long goals, bucket list, be careful to avoid a “wishlist.” I view my bucket/life list as a list of things I fully intend to do in time, not things that I hope to do some day, if time allows and if I get around to it. But with that said it’s your list so have at it.
Here are 14 Adventures I Want to Complete Before I Die:
- I want to visit Europe. My wife is from Poland and I want to visit her country and see the sights. I am amazed at stories she tells of castles and churches that are thousands of years old! The church she was baptized in was built in the 1200’s and is still used for weekly services! To consider the history of buildings and places that have stood the test of time intrigues me. I’ve also wanted to visit Germany, Austria, England and France. It would be nice to take a month or so and enjoy what each country has to offer. Oh, almost forget, gotta see the mountains featured in The Sound of Music!”
- I am at home in the Caribbean and want to sail the islands from end-to-end!
- Write a book that gets published.
- Make someone’s dream come true. Fund a start-up business? Pay for a college education? Help someone get back on their feet?
- Do something daring. Thanks to my Uncle Lee, I adopted the personal motto, “Safety first,” which has kept me healthy. The side effect of this mantra is a lack of adrenaline inducing adventures. I haven’t decided yet, but I’m thinking something like bungee jumping, sling shotting or driving a racecar. I must admit I don’t see myself skydiving or diving with sharks. One must learn to walk before running!
- Visit Jerusalem and swim in the Dead Sea.
- Spend a night in a haunted house! Scary and adventurous….
- Visit north Africa and West Asia Jordan, Morocco and Egypt. Pyramids possibly built by aliens (??lol??), Petra and Casablanca…I’m in.
- Become fluent in a second language. I’m taking Polish lessons now so maybe I’ll be ready for my European trip!
- Drive cross-country.
- Take a spontaneous flight. No decisions until at the airport.
- Start my own successful business.
- Develop 6 pack abs.
- Make a time capsule and open in 20 years.