There are those days when we wake up and find ourselves in a foul mood. Too tired, restless sleep, long days and/or irritating coworkers all add to our moods worsening. But, on some occasions I have been able to change my mood with a little willpower. Here are 7 sure-fire ways to turn your frown upside down:
1. Stop. When you realize you are in a bad mood pause and acknowledge that your mood is poor.
2. Put things in proper perspective. Once you have paused and recognized your foul mood, take a few moments and focus on all the things for which you should be thankful. A bad mood is a state of mind and can be changed with the proper focus and perspective. By directing your mind to focus on positive aspects of life you can put life in proper perspective and understand things really are not that bad.
3. Think of something or someplace that makes you smile. Next go to your happy place; for me that is thinking of being on a boat in the Caribbean. More positive images for the old noggin.
4. Take a deep breath. Inhale the good, exhale the negative. Breathing is a great way to re-center your mind and spirit.
5. Say to yourself “I am in control of my attitude and I decide to be in a better mood.” You cannot control what others say or do, but you are in full control of your reaction to them. Tell your mind you will focus and be more positive.
6. Think before you speak. Next, do not respond quickly with snide, sharp remarks or sarcasm. Pause before you respond and deliver a positive response. Negative talk will simply produce negativity so speak positively!
Don’t forget to take a few moments and visit my Partners’ pages located in the sidebar and connect with me on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr!
7. Smile. Be self-aware and focus on smiling! No one wants to hang around Grumpy McGrumperson so put a smile on your face even if you have to fake it for a while!
It is not easy to direct your mind and change your mood, but it is possible. Self-control and self-awareness go a long way when you find yourself moping. You can direct your brain to be more positive by focusing on positivity. Give it a try versus riding the Bad Mood Express!