Chronic illness can take several forms.
- You have a definite diagnosis such as MS, fibromyalgia, cancer, etc.
- You have a group of symptoms that the doctors can’t (or won’t) pin down with a diagnosis
- You have symptoms that defy diagnosis
- Your symptoms are not taken seriously
For the most part, I live in the gray area of points two to four. I have some diagnoses, physical, and mental. However, I also have symptoms that seem to either go unnoticed by doctors or just defy explanation altogether. And I know I am not the only one.
Two terms often associated with chronic illness are disorder and syndrome. They have some interesting definitions.
Disorder (Merriam-Webster Dictionary)
- lack of order clothes in disorder
- breach of the peace or public order troubled times marked by social disorders
- an abnormal physical or mental condition a…
View original post 311 more words