Summer is probably my favorite time of year for many reasons. Here are my top 10 things I love about summer:
- I love going to the beach. Everyone who knows me knows I am completely fulfilled when my butt is planted in the sand.
- It stays light until 9:00 pm. I don’t like winters when it gets dark at 5:00 pm. It is nice having daylight after I get home from work. I can get things done and enjoy a nice walk with Bentley.
- Cities are more active/more things going on. Charlotte has a lot of cultural events in the summer, but more in a general sense there seems to be stuff to do when it is warmer.
- A cool drink on a hot day. There is nothing like something really cold to drink on one of those hot, southern U.S. days!
- Washing the car when it’s really hot. What better way to cool off?!
- The feel of cool air conditioning when you come in from outside. Southern humidity can be unbearable at times. I know other parts of the country claim they have humidity, but the south invented it! And on those humid days when you walk in from outside and the cool conditioned air hits you it’s like heaven.
- Sitting outside at our favorite restaurants. One of our favorite things to do is sit outside with friends listening to the world or music.
- Long walks at the park. Evelina and I spent a lot of time in our courting days at the park so it has become a bit of a family tradition to walk around the park.
- Summer means football season is right around the corner. I miss football, but summer means September is almost here!
- The summer means more golf! And last but definitely not least, GOLF! My favorite sport. My shoulder is doing much better and I’ll start playing again in a couple of weeks. I am super excited to play again as it has been quite some time.
That’s my list, but I’d love to hear what you love about summer. Drop me a comment, send me an email or comment on one of my social media pages. Have a great weekend folks!