These Are Just a Few of the Pet Peeves I Hate…
I try not to use the word hate, but in this instance it is accurate because it is aimed at actions not people. At any rate, here are a few of my pet peeves…
- Waving people on in traffic instead of just following the rules of the road. When it is my turn to go, I will go. When it is your turn to go, you go. You are not doing me a favor by waving me on. You are actually creating unnecessary chaos. The rules of the road are in place so you don’t have to hand signal someone to take action.
- Talking on the phone when checking-out at a store. I find it incredibly rude to continue a conversation on the phone while checking out at a store. Show respect to the cashier and give them your undivided attention.
- Not returning an email the same day. We live in a world in which information is so readily available and most often available on the mobile device that we carry in our pockets. It takes 30 seconds to respond to most emails, not 24 hours.
- Entering a building through the exit door. This absolutely drives me crazy. The door on the right is for entry. The door on the left is for those exiting. USE THE APPROPRIATE DOOR!
- Leaving the shopping buggy/trolley in the parking lot instead of returning it to the cart return. No elaboration needed.
- The use of velvet hangars.
- Laundry that is left sitting in the dryer instead of immediately folded.
These are a few of my pet peeves. Leave me some of your peeves in the comments.