Sometimes seen written as MDE, Disney’s Magical Express is that complimentary bus ride from Orlando International Airport (MCO) to Walt Disney World Property. I often get questions regarding Magical Express, so I thought it would be a good idea to help everyone out by putting all the information in one place. Here are the most … Continue reading Disney’s Magical Express
The Best Thing About Multiple Destination Vacations…
In 16 days Evelina and I leave for Naples and I cannot wait! We will be at the condo for 6 days followed by 3 days at Disney World. I love multiple destination trips because it feels like 2 vacations in one. Our Naples trip will be relaxing with only a few activities planned. Our goal is to lie on the beach a lot and swim in the pool ever more!
The only 2 activities on the books are parasailing and eating at Grouper and Chips.
Disney, on the other hand, requires more planning and will be more walking and less relaxing. It is so much fun though. This trip we are not going to spend the entire day in Magic Kingdom nor are we going to Hollywood Studios. We will commit a half day to MK and Animal Kingdom and a full day to Epcot Center, which is our favorite park.
Having 2 destinations gives us something to look forward to while we are relaxing on the beach. Usually the trip is over once you begin cleaning up the house and packing suitcases. Having another destination to end the trip builds a whole new level of excitement mid-trip! That in itself makes the second leg of vacation worth it.
All-in-all we are super excited. I guess if you aren’t excited for vacation, then you need to re-evaluate what type of trip your taking!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
This is at the condo in Naples when Evelina and I got engaged in 2012. We began our trip at Disney, but Hurricane Debbie rained us out. We decided to move farther west and pass Debbie as she moved east. It worked the first day, but this video shows you how day 2 turned out!
We arrived home from Naples on Tuesday night and it has taken me until today to recover from vacation. It might have been the 13 hour drive in the car that wore me out. Regardless, I am still tired. I need a vacation from my vacation.
We visited a place called the Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary
We also ate some great food
It was a great trip with great friends. Now we are ready to plan our next trips: Great Smokey Mountains and Cherry Grove Beach!!
It is just after 4:00 am and I am up early to get some things done for a few clients. I do a lot of the creative ads for any campaigns I run digitally and my mind sometimes wakes me up with ideas. So here I am; wide awake and typing when I might be better off sleeping. Nonetheless here are a few of the things going on in my mind…
- I am currently working my way through all the season of The Big Bang Theory. Currently I am in season 5 and so far it is hilarious. I highly recommend it to anyone.
- Vacation for Evelina and I begins in 6 days! I need this trip to recharge a little and Naples, Florida is just what the doctor ordered!
- I had a huge client sign with my company yesterday. My coworker and I have worked on this for nearly a month and we got the word yesterday that they signed with us for all of their digital advertising. When I close deals like this it is so completely satisfying.
- I haven’t been as active lately in my reading of other blogs, but that is going to change. I need to refocus my energies and come up with a better plan. Last time I looked there are approximately 6,700 blogger who follow my page, which makes it nearly impossible to get to every single follower. I’m not exactly sure what I’m going to do if I’m being honest.
- I went to the hospital yesterday evening and had an MRI on my shoulder. In October 2015 I had a little stumble on the staircase and the pain in my shoulder has gotten progressively worse ever since. The specialist thinks I either have a torn bicep muscle or a torn rotator cuff. Either way surgery appears imminent which doesn’t please me, but I’ll be happy to have a functioning shoulder again.
- In preparation for Naples I have been lying out in the sun for 20 minutes each day. It seems that I have developed an allergy to the sun! Each day my back, chest and legs develop hives from the exposure so I think it best I get a UV shirt for my trip.
That’s all for now. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!!
One of my favorite things in the world is the excitement that comes along with anticipating a vacation. I have spent the last week watching videos on YouTube about Naples, Florida. I have found several unique restaurants we will visit and many shopping areas Evelina will enjoy. Our condo is right on the beach with a courtyard which is only feet from the sand. We haven’t been to the condo in a couple of years and it will be nice to see the renovations completed.
I am currently building a territory at my job which requires a lot of hours and a lot more effort than managing an existing territory. It will be a nice break to recharge the batteries for a week.
Needless to say I am as excited as a kid at Christmas!
Ann Cavitt Fisher!!
Picasso line drawing, The Camel.
I like airports. This is a good thing, since I seem to be spending more and more time in them.
Forrest Gump in transit.
I arrive early, often very early. I have a meal, I watch people, and I write. Often I chat with one group and then another, kind of like Forrest Gump on his bus bench.
Why? I like a quiet transition time as I move from one place to another. I hate rushing. I aim for serenity.
I’ve been in an out of the Miami airport a number of times in the last fourteen months or so because there are no direct flights from Houston down to the parts of the Caribbean I’ve visited.
I would have to say that the airport code MIA is, well, interesting. But I’ve found it a pleasant airport — plenty of shopping and restaurants, good way-finding…
View original post 182 more words
Tripping Through Treacle!
Lucky Otter’s Haven!
I couldn’t have asked for better weather since I’ve been here in Florida. Everything about this trip has been perfect. I have so many pictures, but I won’t upload them all here right now because it takes so long. Most of them have been posted on my Facebook, but when I return home I might share the rest here. Today is my last day. I’ll be leaving very early tomorrow and spending most of the day driving.
The pictures posted here were taken yesterday evening in Pine Island — I can’t get over the beauty of the sunsets I’ve been seeing.
There’s an additional benefit to going on vacation. I haven’t followed the news AT ALL! In fact, I’m oblivious to what’s been going on in politics this week — and I’m fine with that. This is not only a vacation from the daily grind…
View original post 86 more words