Source: Cajun Spaghetti with Roux
You should follow MSnubutterflies!
I love simple recipes and this one is as simple as it gets. Packed with flavor and it’s one you can make ahead and go about your day.
- 1 pkg of Rice or Soba Noodles
- 2 stalks of Celery chopped
- 1 cup shredded Carrots
- 1 cup shredded Green Cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded or finely chopped Jicama
- 1 1/2 cups of Zucchini
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Jalapeno
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Bell pepper
- 1 Habanero pepper
- 3 T Sriracha sauce
- 1 T Thai Pepper Paste
- 3 T Soy Sauce
- 3 T Oyster Sauce
- 2 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh grated Ginger
- 1/2 tsp. fresh grated Turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime or 1 T Vinegar
- 2 to 3 T Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C sliced Green Onion
- Fresh Cilantro or Basil
- Crushed peanuts, pine nuts, almond…
View original post 252 more words
This is MSnubutterflies!!
This soup is super easy to make. Light and creamy . Perfect for a chilly day!
- 1 large or 2 medium Butternut Squash
- Olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 of an Onion chopped
- 1 Celery Stock chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Stock
- Almond or Coconut milk
To Make This Soup:
- Cut the squash in half (length wise) and remove the seeds and pulp.
- Brush oil of your choice on the flesh of the squash.
- Salt and pepper the squash.
- Cover the tops or flesh part of the squash with foil and place foil side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 45 min depending on the size of the squash.
- While the squash is baking cook the onion, garlic, and celery in a small…
View original post 171 more words
- 1 16 oz bag Black Beans ( canned if you choose)
- 2 Cups (approximately) cooked Rice
- 1 Lb Corn
- 4 Roma tomatoes chopped or 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 to 2 Green Chilies diced ( I use Guffy Farms Smoked Green Chilies)
- 1/2 of 1 Green Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 of 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 1/2 of 1 Yellow Bell Pepper chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chopped
- 1/2 of 1 Onion chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Cup fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions chopped
- 1 Lime
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne
- 1 tsp. Mexican Oregano
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 6 to 8 Cups Vegetable stock
How to make the Soup
First cook the black beans in your preferred method.
When I’m not lucky enough to have green chilies from my sisters farm ( Guffy…
View original post 211 more words
This is the Epicurious Texan!!
I know you’re thinking 27 reasons to what? like soup? like Portual? do the hokey-pokey?
While all great answers, nope. It’s 27 reasons to like cauliflower. It’s probably one of the most underrated veggies out there. I can count on one hand the number of people in my life that have actually uttered the words “I love cauliflower.” But you should because it’s related to broccoli–and we all know how healthy broccoli is!–and is high in Vitamin C, potassium, folic acid, and fiber. So stop your moaning and groaning, it was King Louis XIV’s favorite and if it’s good enough for him, it’s good enough for you.
Now you’re probably wondering how I got on the subject of cauliflower and today kids, I thought I would let you into the scary inner workings of my brain (you might want to fasten your seat belts and grab your blankie or teddy):
View original post 206 more words
Introducing The Recipe Hunter!!
We have reached the half way mark. Just a reminder to email me your entries for the December T’IS THE SEASON: CAKES, COOKIES AND TREATS Recipe exchange.
Please remember to leave me a note (NOT THE LINK to your entry) on the original post (I am adding the link again for easy reference): T’IS THE SEASON: CAKES, COOKIES AND TREATS – December 2016 Share and Inspire Others!, to let me know that I should expect your email in which you should provide me with some information on your recipe (if possible) and don’t forget to add the link to your awesome recipe on your own blog in the email. This is just a precaution…
View original post 10 more words
Check out the latest from The Recipe Hunter!!